Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cities Apart

Several years ago I met a quiet curly-headed kid who could shred on the guitar. He's now one of my truest friends, and I can't imagine life without him. A couple of years ago, we began writing some worship songs together, and then with the support of our church, we began the recording process. On March 5th, we will release Cities Apart. I'm really proud of this work, and I hope it's a blessing to everyone who purchases it. The profits will support refugees in Memphis. We're not making a huge deal out of that for fear of exploiting our brothers and sisters, but we do want people to know that the object of our affection is the Lord whose concern is for the widow, the orphan, and the foreigner, and so we're putting your money where our heart is.

You can become a fan on Facebook to stay updated,

Or visit www.citiesapartband.com.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to this. Congratulations!

jdw

John David Walt said...

That was me. Notsurevwho Kelly is

Joshua Andrew Smith said...

Ha! Thanks JD! I'm super overwhelmed with ministry and seminary and family life and so I'm really grateful to be on the edge of a season of reaping some fruit. Taking Dr. Ruth's Time and Remembrance in Christian Worship class. REALLY good stuff.