Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Marvelous Grace of Our Loving Lord

I thought the whole "my grace is sufficient" thing was a way out of the pain inflicted by the thorn. Like, "If you'll focus on my grace, then the thorn won't hurt as bad. Just be positive." I know God has a better command of English grammar than that, but he also has a better grasp on grace than that, so let's not quibble. I experienced true weakness yesterday.

When I was completely weak,
  • God's grace alone was sufficient to keep me from being destroyed by my own unworthiness.
  • God's grace alone kept me from the condemnation that was my rightful my wage.
  • God's grace alone kept me from my damnable pride.
  • God's grace alone kept me from despair.
If not for my weakness, I would not likely have been truly cognizant of any of these saving graces, though they preexisted my sinful condition. It took my weakness to reveal the power of Christ in me. Therefore, I boast gladly in my weakness.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: